Thursday 27 December 2007

Christmas - A brief overview of my time.......

Well Christmas has been, whether we believe, try to ignore, or just enjoy the couple of days. The expectation leading up to Christmas has possibly dampened the adult enthusiasm, and media advertising means children can now make a fuss to go shopping for items "Santa didn't bring."

However i have to state that Christmas for me was enjoyable. I think my 3 children were happy with "Santas choice" and even my 10 year old thanked me and his Mother for a nice day. Today we have been to the sales briefly, and as expected or 7 and 10 year olds were a little fractious asking for games and toys, but actually they were not too bad. And so with New Year approaching and Christmas so far survived let's see what the next few days bring.

Now yesterday was Boxing day, and the children have been give a Wii (stupid name!!). Now firstly thank you to my Brother In-Law and his Fiancee for buying this item, now the children think they are sports experts.

I also have tried this game. i tried golf - initially i was awful, and then the way the game works suddenly clicked!! It is no good watching the screen of the TV and trying to work with that you have to think that you are on the golf course and ignore the screen. My scores tumbled from 10+ shots per hole (how awful), to Pars and Birdies. I felt that a Bogey was a failure. And so i advise that the only way to succeed on a Wii is to forget you are at home, believe you are in situ, on the course, in the bowling alley etc and then blast away. My only additional advice is send the kids to bed, do not tell them what you are doing and then at a later date kick ass!

No comments: