Wednesday 17 October 2012

Protect My Family............

This entry has come about as a result of my reading my friend Lisa in the USA's blog (www.imakemslookgood.weebly.com/blog.html) and how it set me thinking............

Here in the UK there have been a couple of high profile child abduction / murders lately. Everyone is up in arms and asking how and why?!

Well I am a bit confussed, if my car is stolen I tell Tracker who turn on the microchip thing and very quickly the police find my car, if they are really clever they then time things properly and catch the thieves as well!!

Why are my children, my wife and me and if you like, not also therefore microchipped?

I do not care if a "big brother" type wants to know I am in my house, or at the shops. I do however want to know that if my kids, wife or even me, are missing we can be located and rescued VERY,VERY quickly!!!!

I figure that someone is fairly aware of what I am doing most of the time anyway; most of the post I get seems to have some sort of "serial number" included on it, that is always the same, regardless of who the sender is. Therefore I have to assume somewhere a database is logging what I get. Google, I am told, is seeing where I go on the net, so is Microsoft!! I believe, again from what I am told, Orange, and all other mobile operators, are more than aware of my mobile activity.

I am absolutely certain that "agencies" are montoring all internet and phone traffic from EVERYONE, not listening in or reading, but if certain words or phrases hit a certain trigger, different levels of monitoring swing into action, it is fairly simple software to devise, and like it or not, I feel it is a vital part of homeland security.

Alongside all of this activity that is very hands-on we are surrounded by a network of cameras that follow our every move in towns, on roads and in shops. At all times and in all places information is being gathered on our movements and activities.

So why in this day and age are we suffering with a plague of children being taken. Maybe I am just being niaive, we moan if we find a stray dog that is not chipped, we moan if our car is stolen and not chipped, and yet here is a solution to keep tags on our most precious people, and yet this is seen as an invasion of privacy. If I give all of my children certain makes of phone, with the GPS bits turned on, I could use a similar phone to find out where they are, but I do not want my young children with phones as well, I want them going to school, after-school clubs, and other activities, without having more gadgets with them, this is before cost is brought into the equation.

Well I am sorry, privacy does not come into the picture if it is the only thing between me and losing my children or wife. I have an emergency bracelet thing for me I wear at home, in case I have a fall and need help. I do not want this for the rest of the family, just put an invisible chip somewhere under their skin, and if, God forbid, if I ever need to find them, quickly, we just turn it on, like Tracker on the car and Hey Presto..............

Please Chip my family, it must be a safer solution than just hoping it will be alright.................

No comments: