Friday 1 November 2013

How times change.............

Yesterday we took the children to a garden centre to see Santa, they stood in line and then went to see him and explained how good they had been and that they deserved and wanted various presents!!

 Ironically looking at their lists the night before had scared me rigid enough, and we had managed to ease them down to a more reasonable figure, still excessive to me, but in lieu of before and looking at costs I am honest enough to say not a child's often ridiculous wishlist.When Santa was asked no sudden surprises came out of the woodwork, such as "I want a drum kit!!" and we all went home happy, but the event left me wondering about two scenarios, one more a piece of advice and one a quandary...............

I offer this advice to all parents, it is a very important piece of advice and I urge you all to tell everyone you know, I am sorry to all stores I am upsetting on the way but Christmas magic and children are more important.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, ALLOW CHILDREN TO GO AND VISIT SANTA IN HIS GROTTO AFTER ABOUT THE 21ST DECEMBER!!! ABSOLUTELY DO NOT EVEN THINK OF CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!

I realise a lot of Santa's and Elves might also be bored here, but as parents we need to see a bigger picture and see a longer game. When a child sits on Santa's knee that close to Christmas Day, safe in the knowledge that only Santa can deliver, forget Amazon, Hamleys or any other trick we may know, a switch in their brain cuts in and suddenly then they ask for something we have never heard about before. It will be an item that was so common a few weeks ago that shops could not give it away, but now, with no time left, the child is going to find out that Santa cannot deliver everything, and in the worst possible way let downs happen I appreciate that let downs happen, but in my eyes they should not happen to a child at Christmas!!

So do not let a cild down and don't see Santa, and don't let helpful Grandparents, Uncles,Aunts or Friends try

No comments: