Monday 4 February 2008

Today 4th February 2008

It is February, is this the "yukkiest month", is this why it is so short compared to the 30 or 31 day months?? Even allowing for this year being a leap year it is still short!! Or should we just say thank goodness it will soon be March and Spring can come marching on.................

And so the Rant -

I was out earlier today, I picked up my youngest from his school at lunchtime and then went to the local store to get a few things we needed.

50 yards from this store is a LARGE car park. 20 Feet from this store is a Zebra Crossing. Outside the shop is double yellow lines, and ALWAYS has been!!!

Why do people insist on parking on this penalty area to save a 2 minute walk? When there is more than one car here the Zig-Zags of the crossing are frequently parked upon.

Nobody seems to care!!!!

I know we live in a small village, but I also know this is still a busy road. Our Infant and Junior schools lie at either sides of the village and this road neatly disects the 2. This means either way the road has to be crossed.

Now the shop says "it is not their problem, and they can't stop parking outside!" is it not their problem or will the need to park in the car park stop the lazy people going to this shop. Will the shop's takings thus be down. It seems strange, most people illegally parked are going to "pop" in for cigarettes, but hey, who am I to bring this up!!!!

On a more seriousness note, what is going to happen when this parking causes a child (or anyone) to be knocked over, or worse killed? Is the car owner who caused it going to be prosecuted? Are they going to spend forever in remorse?

I have asked various drivers about parking here and I am met with sometimes an apology, but more often than not pure insolence.

I know it is "not my battle", I should and could walk past. But how am I going to feel when someone, young or old, gets knocked down when i might have stopped this. I don't want to save the NHS money. I don't want to do the undertakers out of money. I just want this inconsideration to STOP - before it is too late.

Any ideas??

No comments: