Friday 1 February 2008

Was he there.....

I sat in bed last night reading "An Angel by Your Side", by Jacky Newcomb. The introduction suggested I might relate to happenings that I did not realize were possible contact.

Spookily I am sure someone came into the room as I picked up the book. I thought it was one of my children at first but they were all in bed asleep and the door had not moved. My wife was still downstairs, was I sharing the book??

My actual experience relates back to 2005 when I was in Cyprus. my father and step-mother had retired there shortly before my fathers passing (late in 2004)from cancer. He was well known in Cyprus as he had had property there and been there for long periods of time for many years. This was my first visit since his death (back in his other property in London) and walking down the "main street" in old town Famugusta took 2 hours as everyone wanted to pass on condolences such was the effect he had on people. Honestly, Mr. Blobby would have attracted less attention!!!

Later that week I was by the pool, the kids were in the water and my wife was discussing something with our friends and my step-mother (who I am very close to) I was just dozing in the sun and after the emotion of earlier was trying to relax.

There was a small bakery next door that we used a lot, and often my father would go in there and buy pastries and sweets for us all to have for lunch and would appear next to the pool carrying the bag of food proudly, and my step-mother would tell him off for spoiling the kids and eating too much and getting fat!! but I know this was in jest as she really loved and still loves him!!

I was nearly (or maybe was)asleep, I heard footsteps and looked up. I was certain that there was my dad with a bag of food coming to join us. I smiled and sat up in readiness, I think I may have waved. At that point I came back to reality. My dad wasn't coming to join us as he was passed on. But I was so sure it was him and it had happened. No-one else saw, my wife said I had just been dreaming, the children were unaware.

I was shocked, and shed a tear, but also I was so sure it was true that I just felt sort of relaxed as this was "normal" happenings, and no doubt we would have shared a cheese pastry.

Was he really there? was I dreaming because of where I was and emotion? or as I now (having read the book) believe was he trying to make things like normal by bringing the food?

To add to my shock last night, not only was I possibly "joined" by someone, not only was I now believing I did see my father, but I could smell pastries and bread cooking!!

This smell lured me out of my room and downstairs, there was my wife baking Biscotti. Why was she baking at 11 o clock at night and why biscotti? She said "she just fancied" was this my fathers hand again...........

What do you think, or believe?? Tell me......

No comments: