Tuesday 5 February 2008

Today - 5th February - Just a question.......

Today is the 5th of february, I am away from home again in Cheshire, so I can be at my office for a number of meetings, including a very important meet tomorrow with a key partner. I would like to be at home (3 hours south!!) but I have to be here. I know my wife is not 100% well right now and I know my children are a handful as well as also not being fully well, but I also know that I need to be here to sort things out and win contracts for the future.

Anyway, enough of my feeling sorry for myself, or trying to justify the fact that I am away. Here is todays thought, and it is a question of sorts as I am looking for the answer and not really getting anywhere.

I am sorry that this following question may be seen as a little "hippy-dippy" but I guess this just shows my strange state of mind!!!

What really happens when a person passes on? Jacky Newcomb clearly believes in an afterlife. She believes in contact and also in "guardian angels". As far as Jacky is concerned when a person passes on they are not dying and and disappearing forever. A person is merely moving onto a "higher" plane and is able to contact those left behind for now.

It may take time to be able to contact the living. It may only be a brief and fleeting goodbye, BUT it is still contact of some sort.

Sometimes it takes the form of a dream, sometimes the contact arrival is announced by flickering lights or familiar scents. On other occasions the contact is through a familiar form, such as a specific bird, but in strange surroundings or an out of context habitat. Whatever the form taken Jacky is adamant, as are many, many others, that this is absolute contact and proof of an afterlife where already passed family and friends are waiting.

Now, here is my question............

I want to believe in this next stage. To a large degree I do because it is this hope that makes the future plausible. But in honesty, and purely as I don't know, does an afterlife exist. Is there some sort of life to move on to?

I know that my sister is adamant that my father (who passed away in 2004) is always helping her. When she needs extra figures to boost her sales at work, she asks for his help, and a sale walks in. Frequently she says she is "at Dad's" meaning the grave. My sister truly believes this situation.

A few weeks after my father passed my grandmother also moved on. I was close to my dad, and I was very close to my grandmother. Whilst I may have experienced my father's ghost I remain unsure.

I had some massage treatments a couple of years ago when I was suffering a lot of illness. The treatment lady announced one day that my grandmother was there and had been for a few sessions in the past. She also said that my grandmother had tried to pass me a tissue or piece of paper with something on it. I suggested my grandmother was just "seeing what was what". The following week my mother gave me a poem written down by my grandmother. Was this the note she tried to pass?? My mother did not know of this possible contact.

Now, all of this seems like proof, but is it? Can it just be a chain of coincidences and other peoples belief and wants?? If my father and grandmother are always there, why have they watched me have issues and problems without once appearing to me or offering any sort of covert help?

Has the contact actually been there and I have just missed it? Are my father and grandmother waiting for the correct time or a timely moment? What do I need to do to receive some sort of sign or contact?

I eagerly await any thoughts............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be argued that the 'help' you so need and want from passed loved ones has always been there; are you, your wife, your children living a relatively healthy life? are you all together and still having happy times (albeit not so often lately)?; are you managing to keep a roof over your heads - just? can you still buy food and keep the home warm for you all? Can you have the occasional night ouot with the boys - and have a laugh? are you still dressed smartly? Do your children have the latest and best of everything?These are probably insignificant luxuries when you feel you need so much more in life but - and here I have to resort to cliche - there are thousands of people who cannot even claim to have the so-called luxuries listed above; it is those people who I believe really need help from 'the other side'.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
Firstly i appologise for my delay in replying. My usual Laptop "blew-UP" so i must use my home desktop for the minute!!
I have read with interest your comments. The theory raises a very viable answer and a clear reason and situation.
Maybe you are right, maybe the "contact" i am looking for has always been there, i just expect more and do not see what i actually have.
You are correct, my boys still have whatever i can get them, my house is still here and we still eat. Indeed my post of last week was made in a hotel room, and not a hovel either, that i still had to pay for!!
perhaps there are "limited" numbers of routes through, and i understand why a traffic jam exists. Maybe i want too much, expect too much and need to exercise a little less "self pity" and have more tolerance. I totally agree there are lots of people that need help much more than me.
Thank you for making me see this....