Friday 11 January 2008

10th Jan - How does this work???!!!

I just heard a news item about our "esteemed" leader of a few months ago. How could we as a country not have been "Great" Britain with the Labour party and Mr. Blair at our helm???!!!!!

Mr. Blair has now taken a job as "an advisor" for an American investement bank. He will be paid a basic salary for this role of at least £500K per annum.

Now how does this work? What exactly is being "advised" upon.......

  • How to run a country? Maybe this should read How NOT to run a country?
  • The Labour Party and war?
  • How to be a puppet for another country
  • How to enter into a war that no-one really understands or can see the point of?
  • Man management?
  • Spin Doctor management?
  • Spin Doctor understanding?
  • Relationship Building

Surely the role should actually be on of "doors that can be opened using My name" and "Business that can be won, as I was the English PM"

Why can't the bank be honest, everyone, even the Police, have a deliverable and target, (Thames Valley ask for 300 points per month of motorist tickets) and a bank has a large financial target to hit. Let's be realistic to earn a salary of £10K per week the ex-PM must have promised he can generate around £100k per week of additional revenue, and sustain this. A tall target to meet!!

I absolutely do not think any politician, especially an ex-PM, should not benefit from this previous role. An ex-PM must have an address book that reads like Who's Who and why not use some of these contacts.

But this is a man who can't even be straight about his religious leanings, one minute he is resolutely C of E and yet now he is staunch Catholic, like his wife, he has lived as a Catholic for many years hence his recent fatherhood, so why state he is so much of a C of E person when he is so obviously not!!!!

I do not have an issue about this either, but how is his new role going to help Britain, and how can he be taken seriously when this was obviously his long term game plan and yet personally he "doesn't know." All I ask, and continue to ask is for a little honesty.

I believe our previous "leader" may write his memoirs, i have a few suggestions for the title -

  • Countries I have known
  • Resources I have helped others take control of
  • The Tony Blair book of good decisions - A very thin book!!
  • The Tony Balir book of People I know - A very heavy book!!
  • The Tony Blair book of how to ignore any advice given
  • The Tony Blair book of how to ignore a WHOLE country asking WHY??!!
  • Management for Dummies

I am sure i could go on and on with titles and also with this "rant" but I won't, although I offer doubt over Mr. Blair, I am sure I would say the same about other leaders. I am sure when Mr. Brown is removed he will have made a worse mess of things, and i shall go on even more.

So I am a little annoyed by this "new role" maybe at the bank more than the man, but I am concerned because ultimately WE have all been affected in the past by Mr. Blairs decisions, and we may still be, and this is the problem.

I welcome any additional comments, whatever you really think......

No comments: