Thursday 23 August 2012

A new start Friday 23rd August 2012

Today is the 23rd August 2012, for a period of time, one to long, I have, for reasons too complicated to discuss, left this Blog untouched...............

I always used it as an area to talk about anything, air any views and publish thoughts that many of us felt about. Some were controversial and others were merely fun. I remember asking for Desert Island Discs selections and associated items, and we had fun. I also ranted about the price of fuel, at the time we were annoyed, looking where we are now we must all of been "poco loco!!!"

So what now???

This remains a Blog to talk of anything, but, I have learned, or maybe have been taught, to be a little less controversial, or perhaps the phrase here is that I should wear my heart on my sleeve a little less, and stop revealing every intimate detail of my life!!

I also am aware that as I get older, now not 30 something but early 40's, I am more outspoken and less tolerant, I am a young "Victor Meldrew", but also I see humour everywhere and I pick up on this and share it. A one line Christmas cracker joke is fine, but, a real life occurrence is often so much funnier..............

I had coffee last week with a friend who genuinely has only one leg, this is a tragedy and I would never mock this, I myself am disabled, we were talking, along with a round table of a few others and my Friend was saying how he lost his leg at a certain hospital. An involuntary response came from my mouth "That was careless, do you want a lift back to find it??!!" It was humour from reality.

The laughs occurred, he followed up by pointing out he could not enter an arse kicking contest, again hilarity followed!!!!

My question I leave you with is one for you to check, my friend with one leg alerted me to this, but mine is sorted out. Is your kettle an upstairs or downstairs one?? It is important that if it is an upstairs kettle it is in the bedroom and downstairs in the kitchen. If you have a bungalow use the loft!!!! I think this is a similar thing to using the microwave to fast freeze by turning the timer clock in reverse..............

No comments: