Thursday 30 August 2012

Get Flocked!!!!!!

Yawn, stretch, yawn again, have a scratch or two............

Look around the room and see if everything still looks vaguely in-place -

  1. Bed, Yes, I am lying in it.
  2. Wife, Yes, looking perfect lying next to me.
  3. Mirror on wall, Yes, still there and still straight(ish).
  4. Radio, Yes, and playing BBC London, what is Paul Ross talking about now??!!
  5. Ottoman, Yes, Still in place and with a few clothes on it.
Looking good so far, the children are still asleep, or at least not in my room, and the sky outside, behind the curtains, does not sound like it has water falling from it.

Let me cut the boring part out here, no one needs to know about my trip to the shower and other associated ablutions, so let us just assume they all took place as needed!!

It is the part that happened next that is the shock, not the usual get dressed part, not the normal hair drying and "choose a tie" routine, it is what happened after that.

I opened the curtains, I looked at the sky, and observed that the sun was slowly peaking through the daily clouds, and then my eyes drifted down to check the garden was all as it should be, a totally normal thing to do........

I HAD BEEN FLOCKED!!!!!!!

Resting quietly in my garden was a flock of flamingos, a whole crowd of birds, 36 in total, were quite happily stood in my garden enjoying the ambience and the fact it wasn't raining!!!

What could I do or say, here was a flock of 36 pink flamingos mooching around in my garden as if there was nothing in the world to worry about, not a thing that mattered other than whether their plumage was pink enough!! Everyone thought it was great, everyone felt the flamingos were full of fun; all the children wanted to do was be in the garden with them all!!

Why was no one concerned that I had been FLOCKED!!! In the night some one, or more than one, had crept into my garden and FLOCKED me!!! I had 36 flamingos in my garden, and they were pink, the same pink as my shirt!!!! In fact when I went out we had 37 flamingos, just one was big and a bit fat rather than smooth and elegant as the other 36.

Who would want to  flock me? I had suspicions, I felt I knew who had told "the leaders of the pack" to flock me, but no one was talking. Everyone who may have know was silent and those that were involved were definitely not going to reveal anything. 

So I admit defeat, I enjoyed being flocked, I was proud to have the flock with me for a day. And then I called the number on the tag and then the birds vanished, and at my request, and following funds (for charity) passing over, I also arranged for someone to be flocked, I hope they were as surprised as me and also as thrilled....................  

No comments: